Sometime you want to hide some programs or softwares which are important for your security and privacy. Therefore today i am going to show you How To Hide Installed Programs In Control Panel (For windows 7/windows 8/ Windows 8.1). Follow the below steps to use this trick :-
There are 3 methods to hide installed programs :-
1. Using third-party software 2. Using Group Policy 3. Registry Editor
When you install any program in a windows PC then the details of the installed programs are stored in “Programs and Features” in control panel.
In the picture above you can see the list of installed programs, the publisher, installed date, size of the program and the version of program. People who has administrator rights can see the list and uninstall the program from the PC.
If you don’t want others to see the list of programs present in the Programs and Features in Control Panel then you can either you can hide only a specified program or else you can hide the “Programs and Features” option or you can hide all the list of programs from “Programs and Features” from control panel.
Note : “Remember, you should allow to use your system as a Guest user only, not the administrator, so that they have limited authority over your system”.
Method 1 : Using Hide Programs
1. Download and install the program from this link.
2. Open the program.
3. Click on “Add/Remove Program List” tab.
4. Click and select the program which you want to hide from Programs and Features.
5. Click on “Hide checked” button.
6. Click on “Close“.
7. Click on “Yes” to save settings.
8. Now the particular program will be hidden from “Programs and Features” of control panel.
Showing the program Again
1. Open “Hide Programs” and click on “Add\Remove Program list” tab.
2. Select the program which you want to show.
3. Click on “Show checked“.
4. Click on “Close“.
5. Click on “Yes” to save settings.
6. The program will be visible again in “Programs and Features“.
Method 2 : Using Group Policy
Using this method you will hide “Program and Features” option from Control panel so that others can’t open it.
1. Click on “Start” and search for “gpedit.msc” from the search box.
2. Open it.
3. Click to expand “User configuration” from left panel.
4. Select “Control Panel“.
5. From the right double-click to open “Hide specified Control panel items“.
6. Select “Enabled” and click on “Show” button.
7. Type “Microsoft.ProgramsAndFeatures” in the blank text box and click on “OK” button.
8. Click on “Apply” and “OK” button.
9. Open “Control Panel” and you won’t see “Programs and Features” option.
Un-hiding Programs and Features
If you want to bring back the “Program and Features” option in control panel then follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Open group policy editor again as mentioned above.
2. Expand “User configuration“.
3. Expand “Administrative Templates” and select “Control Panel“.
4. Double click on “Hide specified control panel items“.
5. Select “Disabled” and then click on “Apply” and then on “OK“.
6. Now “Programs and Features” will be visible again in control panel.
Method 3 : Using Registry Editor
1. Click on “Start” and type “regedit” in the search box.
2. Expand “HKEY_CURRNET_USER_\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Policies“
3. Right click on “Policies“.
4. Select “New” and then click on “Key“.
5. Create a new key as “Programs“.
6. Select the new created key “Programs“
7. Right click on the right pane and select “Dword value as 32 bit” if your operating system is 32 bit and “Dword value as 64 bit” if your operating system is 64 bit.
8. Rename the Dword as “NoProgramsAndFeatures“.
9. Double click on it and type the value as “00000001“.
10. Click on “OK“.
11. Now go to control panel.
12. Open “Programs and Features“.
13. You can’t see the list of installed programs, instead you will see a message that “Your system administrator has disabled Programs and Features“.
14. If you want to show the list again, delete the keyword “Programs” which we created above and then you can again see the programs.
Removing the programs using Control Panel
If you have programs which you don’t need and is just occupying space then you can remove it using “Programs and Features” option from control panel.
1. Go to “Control Panel“.
2. Double click “Programs and Features” to open it.
3. Select the program which you want to uninstall.
4. Click on “uninstall“.
5. Click “Yes” to remove the program.
6. You get a message box stating that the program is removed from the computer.
7. Click on “OK” button.
So this is it for the article How To Hide Installed Programs In Control Panel (For windows 7/windows 8/ Windows 8.1), if you have any queries or suggestion do let us know through your comments below and we will surely get back to you.
If you like this post How To Hide Installed Programs In Control Panel (For windows 7/windows 8/ Windows 8.1) do share it with your friends and like over Facebook , Twitter or / and Google + as it will help us to grow .
Thanks for reading How To Hide Installed Programs In Control Panel (For windows 7/windows 8/ Windows 8.1). Peace 🙂